'Control is a beautiful thing' an interview with founder Sebastien Steinhauser
Miron BykovLondon - 2/09/2019
Today we spoke to Sebastian Steinhauser founder & CEO of Parcelly
Parcelly, founded by Sebastian Steinhauser in 2014, is a logistics technology platform which enables today consumers, retailers and carriers to resolve the last-mile delivery challenges. Their core belief is that returning and sending parcels should be sustainable.
1) Tell me about the day the idea was born. I remember thinking that there must be a way better than waiting in never-ending queues, for the collection of a parcel in shops or post offices. Additionally, the technology used in store for logistics was everything but up to date, scanners and terminals were just ancient.
The idea of people choosing the location of picking up their items through mobile technology was about to be born…
2) What was the biggest turning point in the life of Parcelly? To be honest there have been several, you see it’s not always a predictable smooth road. If I were to choose one it would be when we signed our first large contract with one of the largest carriers in the world.
3) Three top tips for aspiring entrepreneurs…
Be strategic – know that it is something the world needs and you love doing
Be patient & resilient
Focus on the team – find the right people
4) What gets you out of bed every morning? The alarm clock, no, that would be too easy! What really gets me up is the excitement to make a change in the world of logistics a little bit every day, leaving small dents in the universe. Also, I really enjoy working with my colleagues every day.
5) What did you want to be when you were little? Well, I had dozens of plans but never stuck to one thing when I was small. I guess I always wanted to be stuck in entrepreneurship.
6) Favourite Disney character… I can’t help myself but mentioning two:
Goofy – he makes everyone laugh no matter your age. Buzz the Light Year – simply unstoppable
7) What is Parcelly planning for the world next? You mustn’t forget that the world is continuously changing, driven by trends like urbanisation and digitalisation, which impacts consumer behaviour. We are working on becoming the world’s leading technology platform when it comes to first and last mile logistics.